What is a battery spacer?
A size-conversion spacer for AA rechargeable batteries is an extra casing which can temporarily convert your AA batteries to C or D size.
More specifically, you insert an AA size battery into a C or D size type of spacer and temporarily use it for appliances operating on C or D size batteries.
However, please take note of the precautions mentioned below since size and characteristics between the spacer and the original battery are different.
- Do not use spacers continuously as they are meant for temporary use.
- It could be the case that spacers cannot be used due to different characteristics between batteries
- It could be the case that the spacer does not fit in the appliance due to a slight difference in shape between spacer and designated battery
- When needing more than 1 battery, do not mix spacers with rechargeable batteries inserted together with alkaline batteries of the same size.
- When using more than 1 spacer, do not use batteries which are not the same in terms of capacity, brand name, production date or remaining capacity.
- Please only insert a spacer into an appliance when you need to run the appliance. Remove the spacer and store it separately from the inserted battery when you have finished using the appliance
- The operating time of an appliance using a spacer is shorter than that of the same appliance using the correct C or D dry battery.
- Please do not try to charge a battery when it is inserted into a spacer
- Only use rechargeable batteries in spacers and not alkaline batteries